Daniel

Lilypie

Monday, March 9, 2009

Lions and Tigers and SNAKES!!! Oh my!

Well today was a first for me! I was in the laundry room loading the washer, when all of the sudden my mother inlaw starts yelling, "Heather, come here quick! You've gotta see this!" I was expecting to see my dogs catching a squirrel or something, since I'd just let them out. But when I came to the foyer (where my mother inlaw was standing).... I found a baby snake instead! It was only about 4-5 inches long. I'm not really afraid of snakes... but wasn't to thrilled about sharing my house with one either. I grabbed a broom and a dust pan, swept up the snake, and dumped it out onto the street. Then killed it with the side of the broom. (I would've kept it alive, but I didn't want to find it back in the house.) I've seen a few baby geckos in the house during the summer months.... which is fine with me.... but I was pretty surprised to find a snake. Hopefully my last time to find one!


2 comments:

Kathryn said...

you are way too calm for this post. YUK!

Holly said...

one more reason why I dont plan on moving to Texas. :) But, I SURE would love to see your cute baby boy in person!